Why Use VR When Buying or Selling a Business
VR has set the highest standards in the industry, provides the most extensive training program for its intermediaries, maintains the largest national database of sold businesses to assist in business valuations and has been rated the number one business brokerage in the world for 16 of the last 36 years.
Because there is absolutely no risk. We believe in the process and the services we provide and take 100% of the cost and risk in marketing your business.
We don’t get paid until the day of closing.
Our Services for Business Sellers include
- Expert Advice – No doubt you have a million questions. There’s probably none we haven’t heard, from, “Is now a good time to sell?” to “What do I do next?” Because of our experience, we have the knowledge to answer your questions and to anticipate and solve problems before they arise.
- Business Valuation – We can provide a professional estimate of the fair market value of your business, whether you need an informal estimate to satisfy your curiosity or a rigorous appraisal for legal or accounting purposes. We know what businesses like yours are actually selling for and how to price it right. VR has valued and sold virtually every type of business.
- Structuring – The right asking price is obviously critical, but so are other terms, such as down payment, financing, non-compete agreements and training. Experience in deal structure often makes the difference in a successful transaction.
- Advertising & Networking – We will get you exposure you can’t possibly get on your own or from any other firm. We use our nationwide network of offices and buyers, all the leading Internet sites, newspapers, the multiple listing services and other proprietary techniques.
- Buyer Screening & Qualification – We screen through the thousands of tire kickers out there to find the most likely potential buyers for your business. We obtain a signed non-disclosure agreement to protect your confidentiality and a net worth statement to show ability to purchase.
- Introduction & Follow-Up – We introduce your business to screened potential buyers and we work with prospect buyers until they make an offer to purchase and through closing. The decision to buy a business is an emotional and difficult one. We know how to assist buyers to help them overcome their concerns.
- Negotiation – When you are emotionally involved in your business, it’s difficult to be an effective negotiator for its sale. We represent you vigorously to ensure you receive the full market value for your business.
- Management through Closing – Our job is not done until your business is sold. We work with you and your advisors (attorney, accountant, landlord, etc.) and vigorously represent you all the way through closing of escrow.